LeClaire Fire Department Is led by Fire Chief Shane Bleeker who oversees 20 personnel. Our staff consists of volunteer men and women ranging from basic Firefighters to Firefighter/EMT's and everything in between.
LCFD is now a combination department located in the growing city of LeClaire, Iowa, in the Quad Cities area along the Mississippi River. The department was founded in 1906 and has been solely a volunteer department until this year. LCFD responds to nearly 500 calls each year and that number continues to grow. Call types include structure fires, EMS, river rescue, hazardous materials incidents, wildland fires, and auto accidents. LCFD runs EMS based engine companies to respond to EMS calls along with MEDIC EMS, the county’s contracted ambulance service. Along with responding to our city's calls, LCFD also assists surrounding departments with Mutual aid. Throughout the year, LeClaire Fire Department donates over 9,000 hours of service to the community of LeClaire.
LCFD was founded in 1906 after the “Great LeClaire Fire” that destroyed the majority of the downtown business district. The department historically has been volunteer-based. The city’s fire station is located at 201 N 15th Street in LeClaire and includes four drive through bays for fire apparatus and other equipment, offices, training room, museum with a fully restored Model T engine, community room, and small bunk room. To find out more about our vehicles, apparatus and station, visit the Station and Apparatus Page.