We're always looking for new volunteers to help us with projects large and small. At this time virtual volunteers are especially welcome. Any help we have from the community makes our library a better place for everyone in LeClaire.
Teens are able to earn service learning credits for Pleasant Valley School District at the library. Due to COVID-19, we are not having in-person volunteering at this time. However, we provide an option to virtually volunteer at the library. (See the graphic to the left for examples.) Please contact our Youth Services Coordinator Haidee Cardoso. 563-289-6007
At this time, opportunites to volunteer inside the building are limited due to COVID-19 constraints. For questions about volunteering, contact Circulation Manager, Melita Tunnicliff. 563-289-6007
Got a green thumb? We need you! Individuals or small groups are needed to help maintain the landscaping at the library. Duties include regular weeding, mulching, pruning, and ongoing maintenance. Volunteers should have some basic knowledge of gardening and the ability to work independently.
• Keep the property and landscaped areas around the building free of weeds and trash.
• Pull weeds, water plants, rake, sweep sidewalks, prune plants as needed.
• Physical stamina is required—bending, lifting, stooping, standing, and walking.
• Knowledge of plants or ability to learn plant maintenance skills required.
• Must demonstrate caution in using garden tools such as clippers, rakes, and shovels.
• Hours may vary due to seasonal need and weather. 1-2 hours a month recommended.