- The City has contracted and awarded bids to do a large number of street overlays this year. This work would be similar to what was done on 14th Street a couple of years ago. Work will begin this spring and continue through the end of the summer. Here are a list of streets to be completely overlayed.
- May Street between 2nd Street and 7th Street
- Davenport Street between 8th Street and 15th Street
- 15th Street between Dodge Street and Wisconsin Street
- 12th Street between Davenport Street and Reynolds Street
- North 5th Street between Jones Street and Reynolds Street
- North 6th Street between Wisconsin Street and Reynolds Street
- Reynolds Street between North 5th Street and North 6th Street
- North 2nd Street between Chesnut Street and Oak Street
- North 3rd Street between Jones Street and Ferry Street
Watch for dates for construction to begin along with signage, road closures, and construction workers and equipment. Thanks for your patience through this project!
Valley Drive Repairs between Woodland Drive and 35th Street:
- The City has contracted for work to be done to repair the 2 "sunken/dipped" areas on Valley Drive. Work will include culvert replacement, drainage work, and road resurfacing. Watch for dates of construction to begin along with road closure signage, construction equipment and construction workers.
Wisconsin Street and 35th Street Complete Reconstruction:
The City will be contracting work to be done over the next 2 years completely reconstructing Wisconsin Street from 26th Street west just past PVJH and also 35th Street from Wisconsin Street to Valley Drive. This major project will include culvert replacement, tearing out and replacing the existing road surface, and work on a sidewalk on the north side of Wisconsin Street. This will be a major project, with many moving parts to watch for added information on staging of the project, temporary road closures and detours, construction equipment and barricades. The City has been and will continue to work with Pleasant Valley Community School District on the logistics of travel throughout this project. Thank you for your patience through this much needed improvement in our community!
May Street Culvert Replacement / Drainage Work: The City has contracted to replace the culvert on May Street between 4th Street and 5th Street and improve the drainage in conjunction with the May Street overlay project. This $150,000+/- project will be done sometime this summer. Watch for temporary road closures throughout this project. Thanks for your patience!
The City will be contracting the work for the total replacement of both the Territorial Road Bridge at 277th Avenue and the Territorial Road Bridge just to the east of 277th Avenue across from the Rock Quarry. Watch for more information about detours, timetable, and other construction details.